Sunday, July 13, 2014

Book Review: Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

Time to get back on the horse; writing recently has been difficult because Jess and I have been moving house. Having now gone through that, and getting somewhat settled into a new routine, it's time I got back into a habit of putting pen to paper. Or in this case, keystrokes to internet.

Given Jess and I have been busy packing up our stuff, there hasn't been a lot of time to devote to other pursuits. I've only got one book finished in the last little while:

Wyrd Sisters - Terry Pratchett

Image credit: Amazon.com; buy it here
Wyrd Sisters centers around three witches who have to meddle - not meddle, witches never meddle - influence the affairs of the kingdom of Lancre after the king is assassinated by the Duke, his mad brother, planned by the built-like-a-fridge Duchess. The king's firstborn baby son is delivered into the hands of the coven of witches, while the king, by virtue of having a strong anthromorphogenic field, remains undead enough to haunt his crumbling castle and even play a part in the events that unfold. Granny Weatherwax makes a comeback (the last book she was in was Equal Rites, I think), as does Death (one of my favourites). A good read, and there's also a cartoon adaptation of the story for the 'I'll just wait for the movie'-types.

No comments:

Post a Comment